Search for a Certificate of Title

To find a Certificate of Title you must submit a Certificate of Title Search Request form.

Certificates of Title are searchable by:

  • registered owners name;
  • legal description; or
  • title number.

Before you request a search

Have as much of the following information as possible:

  • name of the property owner(s);
  • lot(s);
  • block, group or quad;
  • plan number; and
  • village, town, city, subdivision or other location.

What is the fee?

$3 for a copy of title.

General Register:

The General Register (GR) is where Writs of Seizure and Sale, among other instruments, are registered. When a GR search is requested a General Register Certificate (GRC) is produced. In addition to Writs of Seizure and Sale, a GRC will show all GR instruments under the name you search for, such as:

  • general powers of attorney; and
  • court orders, such as:
    • granting probate;
    • letters of administration;
    • receivership; and
    • assignments in bankruptcy.

To request a search and obtain a GRC you must submit a Certificate of Title Search Request form.

The General Register is searchable by name.

What is the fee?

$1.50 for each search by name.

How to ask for a search

  1. Download the Certificate of Title search request form.
  2. Fill out the form.
  3. Submit the form
    In person: Andrew A. Philipsen Law Centre
    2130 Second Avenue (ground floor) in Whitehorse. Our office is open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
    Fax: 867-393-6358
    Government of Yukon
    Land Titles Office (J-2A)
    Box 2703
    Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6

When will you receive your search results?

Once you have submitted your request you’ll receive the search results within 5 business days.


If you have questions, phone 867-667-5612. Phone toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408, extension 5612. You can also email