Get emergency financial help for a victim of crime

Through the Victims of Crime Emergency Fund you can get help to replace, repair or buy items that will impact your immediate safety. This is a fund of last resort. It's designed for victims who haven’t been able to get support from other sources. It must be for emergency or immediate needs.

There is no compensation or benefits fund for victims of crime in the Yukon.

Who is eligible?

  • You, your child or a dependent who were a victim of a crime.
  • The crime happened in the Yukon in the last 60 days.
  • You have an emergency or immediate expense resulting from the crime.
  • You have an expense that affects your safety.
  • You have no other resources to cover that expense (such as social assistance, your First Nation, insurance or a community group).
  • You do not have to report the crime to the police to apply.
  • Other situations are considered at the discretion of Victim Services.

What does the fund cover?

  • Emergency home repair:
    • changing locks;
    • and repairing doors or windows.
  • Medical expenses such as:
    • eyeglasses;
    • dental treatment; and
    • prescription replacement.
  • Crime scene clean-up
  • Emergency accommodation
  • Certain transportation costs
  • Short-term counselling
  • Emergency child care and dependency support
  • Other items are considered as emergency at the discretion of Victim Services.


  1. Contact Victim Services in person or by phone (see contact information below).
  2. Fill out the Victims of Crime Emergency Fund application form with a victim services worker.
  3. A decision will be made as soon as possible.

What happens if your application is approved?

  • You and the victim services worker will work with vendors such as dentist, locksmith, carpenter for services.
  • Victim Services will pay the vendor directly.
  • You cannot get reimbursed for expenses you already paid.

What is not covered?

  • Lost wages or business income due to time off work
  • Pain and suffering
  • Injuries covered by the Yukon Workers' Compensation Health and Safety Board
  • Injuries sustained in a motor vehicle accident that were not the result of a crime
  • Repairs covered by Yukon Housing Corporation or Grey Mountain Housing
  • Injuries sustained outside of the Yukon
  • Injuries, damages or loss sustained while committing a crime

What if your application is denied?

You can ask for a review of the decision. Contact the supervisor of Victim Services.


Victim Services

You can phone or drop in to talk to us (no appointment required) Monday through Friday between 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.


In person: 212 Main Street, Suite 210 – 2nd floor
Phone: 867-667-8500
Toll free: 1-800-661-0408, ext: 8500

Dawson City

In person: 813B 3rd Avenue
Phone: 867-993-5831

Watson Lake

In person: 820 Adela Trail
Phone: 867-536-2541