Get help: impaired driving

What is impaired driving?

Not all car accidents or violations are the result of a crime. However, impaired driving is a crime.

Who can access Victim Services?

You can access our services if you:

  • have been injured by an impaired driver;
  • are affected by a death or injury caused by an impaired driver; or
  • have witnessed an impaired driving incident.

Get support

Victim Services can provide:

  • support and information;
  • support when reporting to police;
  • support and information during the court process; and
  • emergency financial help for a victim of crime.

You do not have to report the crime to police to get access to Victim Services.

Report to the police

  • It's up to you if you want to report to the police; you might choose to wait a while.
  • It will be easier for police to investigate closer to the time of the crime.
  • Insurance companies may require a police report to process a claim.

Insurance claims

Insurance claims are a civil and not a criminal matter. If you're dealing with an insurance claim, Victim Services can refer you to other services for help.

Talk to someone

It can be helpful to talk to someone about your experience and reactions.

Victim Services

You can call or drop in to talk to us (no appointment required) Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.


In person: 301 Jarvis Street, 2nd floor
Phone: 867-667-8500, or toll free 1-800-661-0408, extension 8500

Dawson City

In person: 813B 3rd Avenue
Phone: 867-993-5831

Watson Lake

In person: 820 Adela Trail
Phone: 867-536-2541

Learn more about impaired driving

Decide before you ride – drive sober – Government of Yukon
Impaired driving – Government of Canada
Mothers Against Drunk Drivers