Victim Services experiencing technical issues with phone line

The Whitehorse Victim Services office is experiencing technical issues with its phone line. If you cannot get through, please phone the reception cellphone 867-334-6723 or the Watson Lake reception 867-536-3220 or email We’re working to resolve this as soon as possible.

Get help: you were attacked or threatened

  • Victim of assault
  • Victim of threats


  1. Victim of assault

    Get medical attention

    If you've been hurt, you should get medical help for your injuries. You do not have to report the assault to the police if you do not want to.

    If you visit the doctor, the hospital or a health centre, health-care staff can:

    • treat your injuries; and
    • prescribe any medication you might need.

    Talk to someone

    It helps to find someone to talk to. Someone who'll listen and support you with your injuries and the crime.

    Contact Victim Services

    Victim Services offers support and can help you learn about your options.

    Document your injuries and experience

    If you cannot talk to someone just yet, but you might want to talk to Victim Services or the police later on:

    • write down what happened; and
    • get a friend to take photos of your injuries.

    Report to the police

    It's up to you if you want to report to the police. You might choose to wait a while. It will be easier for police to investigate closer to the time of the assault. Find out about reporting a crime.

  2. Victim of threats

    In the case of an immediate threat to your personal safety or the safety of a member of your family, phone 911.

    Keep a record

    • Write down the threats, and the date and time.
    • Take screen shots of any texts, Facebook messages and other social media messages that contain threats.
    • Keep copies of phone and written messages.
    • General threats like “I am going to get you” should be recorded.

    Take the threats seriously

    • Contact Victim Services or the police to find out if the threats are a crime and what your options are.
    • It's important that you protect yourself from harm.
    • Tell others, including the police and Victim Services.
    • Some forms of bullying might be a crime, particularly if you're worried about your safety.
    • If threats are scaring or worrying you, reach out and talk to someone.

    Report to the police

    • It's up to you if you want to report to the police. Find out about reporting a crime.
    • It's illegal for someone to threaten you with physical violence or death.
    • It's a crime to threaten to burn, destroy or damage property.
    • It's a crime to threaten to kill, poison or injure an animal that belongs to a person.
    • If you are not sure whether or not you should report the threats, contact Victim Services to learn about your options.


Victim Services

You can phone or drop in to talk to us (no appointment required) Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.


In person: 212 Main Street, Suite 210 – 2nd floor
Phone: 867-667-8500
Toll free: 1-800-661-0408, extension 8500

Dawson City

In person: 813B 3rd Avenue
Phone: 867-993-5831

Watson Lake

In person: 820 Adela Trail
Phone: 867-536-2541