The Tourism Cooperative Marketing Fund (TCMF) helps Yukon’s tourism industry attract visitors and gain international exposure. These marketing activities help strengthen the territory’s tourism brand.
Applicants who are Yukon-based and who want to promote their tourism product or experience to prospective visitors. This includes:
- tourism businesses;
- destination marketing organizations (DMOs);
- non-government organizations; and
- First Nations governments.
Advertising and marketing projects that target potential visitors.
- Traditional advertising placements such as:
- national newspapers; or
- travel guides.
Publications must be mass-distributed outside Yukon on a regular basis.
- Online advertising such as:
- web banner and social media ads;
- AdWords; or
- listings in online directories that focus on visitor services.
- Hosting media or trade familiarization tours that highlight tourism experiences.
Travel-based activities, including but not limited to:
- Attendance at approved trade and consumer shows
- Destination Marketing Organization (DMO)-led sales missions
- Sales calls
- Bid presentations for events
- We must receive your application before the activity takes place.
- You must complete all activities in the same fiscal year as your application (April 1 to March 31).
- Applicants must be market or trade ready, and have all necessary licensing in place.
TCMF will fund 50% of eligible project costs (excluding GST).
- Maximum annual funding to a tourism business is $35,000.
- Maximum annual funding to a DMO, or for a project that includes more than 1 product, is $105,000.
TCMF is limited to a total of $700,000 per year. It is renewed on April 1, and funds approximately 200 projects and activities each year. Funding is competitive. Please be aware that there will be more eligible projects than available funds. Base the funding you request on realistic figures.
Apply for funding
- Read the guidelines to learn more about what business, projects and expenses are eligible.
- Complete the application for:
-An advertising or marketing project, or
-A travel-based activity or trade show.
Submit your application with the button at the bottom of the form. You can't edit your application after you submit it.
For questions, email email@example.com or phone: 867-393-7133 or toll free: 1-800-661-0408 ext. 7133.
You can apply at any time. We review applications on a first-come, first-served basis.