The Tourism Cooperative Marketing Fund (TCMF) helps Yukon’s tourism industry attract visitors and gain international exposure. These marketing activities help strengthen the territory’s tourism brand.
Support related to COVID-19 pandemic impacts
- Applicants will be eligible for 100% of the costs of their marketing initiatives. Previously, the fund covered up to 50% of their costs.
- Under the new criteria, initiatives targeting people who are already in Yukon will also be eligible. Previously, the TCMF was for marketing initiatives targeted outside of Yukon, with the intent of attracting visitors to the territory. This change will help support businesses targeting Yukoners while the other markets recover.
Updated eligibility criteria will be posted here on May 1, to reflect the COVID-19 support changes.
For reference: Past criteria for the 2019–20 fiscal year
Applicants who are Yukon-based and who want to promote their tourism product or experience to prospective visitors. This includes:
- tourism businesses;
- destination marketing organizations (DMOs);
- non-government organizations; and
- First Nations governments.
Advertising and marketing projects that target potential visitors.
- Traditional advertising placements such as:
- national newspapers; or
- travel guides.
Publications must be mass-distributed outside Yukon on a regular basis.
- Online advertising such as:
- web banner and social media ads;
- AdWords; or
- listings in online directories that focus on visitor services.
- Hosting media or trade familiarization tours that highlight tourism experiences.
Travel-based activities, including but not limited to:
- Attendance at approved trade and consumer shows
- Destination Marketing Organization (DMO)-led sales missions
- Sales calls
- Bid presentations for events
- We must receive your application before the activity takes place.
- You must complete all activities in the same fiscal year as your application (April 1 to March 31).
- Applicants must be market or trade ready, and have all necessary licensing in place.