Yukon cooperatives or corporations can apply to the Yukon Small Business Investment Tax Credit for an individual tax credit for Yukon investors.
This tax credit allows Yukon organizations to issue shares to Yukon investors in exchange for an agreed upon return and an individual tax credit of 25% on the amount invested.
Yukon organizations must:
- be an incorporated, private corporation;
- maintain permanent establishment in Yukon;
- have at least 50% of its assets located in Yukon;
- pay at least 50% of its salaries and wages to Yukon residents; and
- not exceed $25 million in total capitalization.
Investors must be:
- 19 years of age or older; and
- a Yukon resident on December 31 of the year in which the tax credit is claimed.
Apply for the Yukon Small Business Investment Tax Credit
- Work with your Business Development advisor for authorization to offer this tax credit-eligible investment to Yukon residents.
- Confirm your investment is eligible. Email email@example.com, or phone 867-667-5633
- Complete the application.
- Submit your application.
In person: 303 Alexander Street (first floor) in Whitehorse, Yukon. The Business and Industry Development office is open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Government of Yukon
Business and Industry Development (F-1)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6