Be a smart investor. Learn investing basics and protect yourself from investor fraud.
Before you invest
- Set goals.
- Create a financial plan.
- Understand the risk and your risk tolerance.
- If you don't know how to invest, choose a financial advisor.
- Check that your advisor is registered.
Decide what to invest in
- Learn about the types of investments.
- Read the Canadian Securities Administrators brochures on getting started in investing.
The Canadian Securities Administrators has useful resources for:
- setting goals;
- understanding risk;
- choosing an advisor;
- how to check if the advisor is registered; and
- types of investments.
Avoid investment fraud
If the person or company you're dealing with is not registered, or is not permitted to offer you something they're trying to sell, phone 867-667-5466, or toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408 extension 5466.