All licensed chiropractors in the Yukon must:
- hold a Yukon licence; and
- renew their licence every year.
Listed below you can find information on:
- the documents we require;
- fees; and
- how to use the portal.
We recommend you read the information below before you go to the portal.
A full licence allows you to:
- use the title of doctor of chiropractic; and
- work to the full extent of Yukon regulations.
You must meet 1 of the following sets of requirements.
- hold a full licence in another Canadian jurisdiction; and
- are in good standing in that jurisdiction.
- You have:
- graduated from an accredited school of chiropractic; and
- obtained a certificate of qualification from the Canadian Chiropractic Examining Board (CCEB) in the last year.
Complaints or actions against you
If you've had any complaints or disciplinary or criminal action against you:
- we'll assess your eligibility on a case-by-case basis; and
- we may not approve your registration or licensing.
Documents we require
You'll need to provide the following documents with your application. You must provide these in an electronic format such as a JPG, PDF or PNG.
- Your current government issued photo ID (not a health care card)
- Proof of liability insurance
- A copy of your diploma
Applicants registered to practise in other Canadian jurisdictions
Your verification of registration, sent directly to Professional Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (PLRA) from all jurisdictions you're currently and previously licensed in.
Applicants not registered to practise in another Canadian jurisdiction
- Your certificate of qualification from CCEB issued in the last year
The portal has more details on these documentation requirements.
Fees and payment
Registration (1-time fee): $100
Annual licence fee: $50
- When you submit your application online, you must pay your 1-time registration fee.
- You must pay this fee before we'll review and approve your application.
- The online system will prompt you to pay the fee by credit card.
- This fee is non-refundable.
- If we approve your application, we'll email you an invoice for your $50 annual licensing fee. Once you receive this invoice, you can pay through the portal.
For all licence types
- Create a profile. With your profile you'll be able to:
- login to the portal at any time;
- upload documents;
- view your registration information; and
- apply for a licence
- Apply for a licence.
- Follow the steps after clicking on "Apply for a licence" under the "Licensing" tab.
- Refer to information on this page if you need to.
- You do not have to submit an application to create a profile on the portal.
- Prepare your documents ahead of time. Save them first as digital files so that they're ready to upload when you apply.
- You can take a picture of a document with your mobile device to submit it as a digital document.
For questions about the application process, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 867-667-5111, toll free in the Yukon 1-800-661-0408, extension 5111.