All licensed collection agencies and workers in the Yukon must:
- maintain a list of current employees;
- hold a Yukon licence; and
- renew their licence every year.
Listed below is information on:
- the documentation you will need to provide to renew; and
We recommend reviewing this information before you apply to renew you licence.
The renewal period begins May 1. Apply for your renewal by June 1. This ensures we can process your licence before it expires on June 30.
It's illegal to do business or work in the new licence year before we've renewed your licence.
We typically review applications within 30 business days. We'll confirm you've met all the legal requirements before we issue your licence.
We cannot process your application if you have not provided us with all the documents we need.
You can apply to renew your collection agency’s licence if the agency:
- holds a current Yukon collection agency licence;
- is registered under Yukon’s Partnership and Business Names Act or the Business Corporations Act; and
- maintains a list of current verified employees.
When you renew online, you must also provide an audited financial statement showing the agency's:
- assets and liabilities at the end of the collections agency's most recently completed financial year that ended on or before March 31 of that year; and
- gross amount of money collected during the collection agency's most recently completed financial year that ended on or before March 31 of that year.
- The portal gives more information on how to submit the documents.
- Provide your documents in an electronic format such as PDF, JPG and PNG.
- Upload your documents directly through the portal.
Fees and payment
- Annual licence fee: $350
- For each current employee: $58
If we approve your application, we'll email you an invoice for your annual licensing fee. Once you receive this invoice, you can pay through the portal.
- Log in to the portal.
- Select “Licensing” and then “Renew my licence”. Here you’ll find the step-by-step process to renew your licence.
- Upload all the necessary documents and information we asked you for.
- Complete the application form and submit.
For questions about the renewal process, email email@example.com or phone 867-667-5111, toll free in the Yukon 1-800-661-0408, extension 5111.