All collection agencies in the Yukon must:
- maintain a list of their current collection agents working in the Yukon;
- hold a Yukon licence; and
- renew their licence every year.
Listed below is information on:
- documentation requirements; and
We recommend reading this information before applying.
Apply using the online portal
A collection agency applies for a collection agency licence. An agent does not apply for their own licence. The agency maintains a list of their collection agents working in the Yukon.
Your business must meet all the following requirements:
- be registered under the Yukon’s Partnership and Business Names Act or the Business Corporations Act;
- have a trust account in a bank or trust company in the Yukon.
- have appointed an auditor;
- have submitted the names of all employees collecting on their behalf in the Yukon; and
- have verified each person through a declaration process.
If you've had any complaints or disciplinary or criminal action against you:
- we'll assess your eligibility on a case-by-case basis; and
- we may not approve your registration or licensing.
You'll need to provide the following documents with your application. You must provide these in an electronic format such as JPG, PDF or PNG. The online portal has more details on these documentation requirements.
- Current government-issued photo ID for the person who signed the application
- Proof of business registration under the Yukon’s Partnership and Business Names Act or the Business Corporations Act.
How to get proof of business registration
Contact Corporate Affairs:
Toll free in Yukon: 1-800-661-0408 extension 5314
Annual licence fees
- Collection agency licence: $350
- For each employee: $58
If we approve your application, we'll email you an invoice for your annual licensing fee. Once you receive this invoice, you can pay through the portal.
- Create a profile. With your profile you'll be able to:
- log in to the portal at any time;
- upload documents;
- view your registration information; and
- apply for a licence.
- Confirm employed collection agents working in the Yukon. Select the “Current Employees” tab to add each agent.
- Apply for a licence. Follow the steps after selecting "Apply for a licence" under the "Licensing" tab.
- Refer to information on this page if needed.
- You do not have to submit an application to create a profile on the portal.
- Prepare your documents ahead of time. Save them first as digital files so that they're ready to upload when you apply.
- You can take a picture of a document with your mobile device to submit it as a digital document.
For questions about the application process, email email@example.com or phone 867-667-5111, toll free in the Yukon 1-800-661-0408, extension 5111.