- Determine if you are eligible
- Complete the renewal form
- Provide all other supporting documents required
- Pay your fee
- Submit your application, supporting documents and fee
Determine if you are eligible
All pawnbroker and second-hand dealers in Yukon must hold a licence and renew it every year. It is illegal to work without an active licence.
You are eligible to renew your licence if you hold a current pawnbroker and second-hand dealer licence for Yukon and complete steps 2 to 4 of this application process.
Licences expire annually on March 31. Submit your renewal application before February 28. This will ensure we can process your licence before it expires.
Complete the renewal form
Provide all other supporting documents required
You must also provide 1 of the following with your renewal application.
- Proof that your business is registered and in good standing with the Government of Yukon's Corporate Affairs branch.
- Proof that your business holds a municipal business licence and is in good standing.
Pay your fee
Pawnbroker annual licence: $10
Second-hand dealer annual licence: $10
You can pay your fees by cheque or credit card. Complete the payment information form and include this and your fee with your application.
Submit your application, supporting documents and fee
Submit your entire application renewal package before March 1. This will ensure we can process your licence before it expires. It typically takes 30 business days to process a renewal application.
The package must include:
- your completed renewal form;
- any supporting documents; and
- your payment information form and fee.
We will confirm you have met all legal requirements before issuing a renewed licence. We may return your application if you have not provided all the required documentation.
Submit your application package:
- In person or by courier at 307 Black Street, Whitehorse Y1A 2N1. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m to 4:30 p.m.
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: 867-667-3609
Government of Yukon
Professional Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (C-5)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
For questions about the renewal process, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 867-667-5111 or toll free in Yukon: 1-800-661-0408 ext. 5111.