- Determine if you are eligible
- Complete the renewal application form
- Provide all other supporting documents required
- Pay your fees
- Submit your application, supporting documents and fees
Determine if you are eligible
All dental hygienists and therapists working in Yukon must hold a licence and renew it every year.
All dental hygienist and therapist licences expire annually on March 31. Submit your renewal application before March 1 . This will ensure we can process your application before your licence expires.
It is illegal to work in the new licence year before we have renewed your licence.
You are eligible to renew a dental hygienist or therapist licence if you meet the following requirements.
- You hold a current dental hygienist or therapist licence for Yukon.
- You complete steps 2 to 5 of this renewal application process.
Complete the renewal application form
Complete all sections of the renewal application form. Do not leave a section blank. You may enter “not applicable” when it is relevant. We may return incomplete applications.
At the top of the application form, choose a dental hygienist or therapist licence.
Dental hygienists who wish to apply for a special endorsement for anesthesia should complete the relevant section.
Provide all other supporting documents required
You must also provide the following with your application.
Special endorsement documentation
- This requirement is for dental hygienists who are applying for a special endorsement.
- You must provide a notarized copy of your certification in administration of anesthetic solutions by infiltration, mandibular block, or both methods.
Pay your fees
Annual licence fee: $50
Annual licence fee: $50
You can pay your fees by cheque or credit card. Complete the payment information form and include this and your fees with your application.
Submit your application, supporting documents and fees
Submit your entire application package. This must include:
- your completed application form;
- all supporting documents; and
- your payment form and fees.
We typically process renewal applications within 30 business days. We will confirm you have met all legal requirements before issuing a licence. We may return your application if you have not provided all the required documentation.
Submit your application package
- In person or by courier at 307 Black Street, Whitehorse Y1A 2N1. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m to 4:30 p.m.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 867-667-3609
- Mail: Government of Yukon
Professional Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (C-5)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
For questions about the dental hygienist or therapist renewal application process, email email@example.com or phone: 867-667-5111 or toll free in Yukon: 1-800-661-0408 ext. 5111.