If you're providing care for a family member or friend it can be rewarding. It can also be stressful and tiring at times, and that can affect your health. Caregiving can include providing:
- housekeeping; or
- end-of-life care.
These needs can evolve over time.
- Understand better what it means to be a caregiver and how to prepare.
- Learn how to provide the best care for your family member or friend while caring for yourself.
- Find out how to balance work and caregiving.
- Tips for employers helping their employees balance work and caregiving.
- Watch this video from the federal government to help you get ready to become a caregiver.