Get nurse educator support for chronic conditions

You can get support from a chronic conditions nurse educator to:

  • better understand your chronic condition;
  • learn about the risk of developing a chronic condition; and
  • learn how to manage your chronic condition.

The nurse educator will work with you and your care provider. They'll determine a care plan that helps you achieve your health goals.

This service includes:

  • health screening to find out if you are at risk of developing a chronic condition;
  • patient and caregiver education;
  • lifestyle change support and care-planning;
  • guideline care support;
  • medication reviews;
  • reviewing and ordering condition-specific blood work;
  • foot checks;
  • referral to more services; and
  • checking of vital signs such as:
    • blood pressure;
    • oxygen;
    • heart rate;
    • height; and
    • weight.

How to register for nurse educator support

  1. Go to your family clinic or health care provider.
  2. Get a referral from your health care provider.
  3. Call or visit Chronic Conditions Support Program (CCSP) office.
  4. Attend an intake appointment at the CCSP office and discuss your health goals with the nurse educator.

If you want to self-refer, you can skip to step 3 without needing a referral from a health care provider.

If you self-refer, we will inform your health care provider.


For more information, visit our office at unit 300, 4201-4th Ave., Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 5A1, email or phone 867-667-8733. Phone toll free in the Yukon 1-800-661-0408, extension 8733.