Get hearing tests and supports

Hearing Services provides hearing testing and support.

Do you need a referral?

You do not need a referral for any services provided through Hearing Services. If you would like to self-refer or make an appointment for a dependent, phone 867-667-5913. You'll be asked to complete a short screening questionnaire by phone.

What hearing services can you get?

  • Hearing-loss evaluation
  • Newborn hearing screening
  • Hearing-aid consultation and fitting
  • Hearing-aid repairs
  • Assistive-listening device
  • Custom earplugs for swimming, sleeping, musicians and working in noise

Drop-in for basic hearing-aid clean and check

When: Monday to Thursday from 1 p.m. to 1:45 p.m.

Availability: 1st-come, 1st-served basis

During the COVID-19 pandemic we're practising social distancing in our office. You can drop off your hearing aid at the times above and pick it up the next business day by 5 p.m.

If you cannot leave your hearing aid or cannot easily access the clinic, please phone our office 867-667-5913. You can schedule a 15-minute repair-while-you-wait appointment.

Hearing screenings in the communities

Rural services are provided mainly through the community health nurses. Each health centre has access to hearing-screening equipment for newborns and kindergarten children. If you live in a community and are coming to Whitehorse, we'll try to co-ordinate your hearing appointment with your other appointments.

Funding source that help pay for hearing aids

If you need hearing aids and have a referral, you may be eligible for funding. Check with the individual funding sources below for eligibility and restrictions.

First Nations people

Health Canada's Non-insured health benefits for First Nations and Inuit


Yukon Workers' Compensation Health and Safety Board


Yukon Health Care Insurance Plan for seniors on Pharmacare. You can get up to $600 for 1 hearing-aid.

Children under 16 years of age

Chronic diseases program

Military veterans

Blue Cross Health Insurance

When should you see your doctor?

  • Where there's excessive wax or a foreign body in the ear.
  • If there's a visible deformity of the ear.
  • If there's pain or discomfort in the ear.
  • Where there's discharge or drainage from the ear.
  • Where there's dizziness.
  • If you experience sudden, unexplained, and severe hearing loss in 1 ear, seek emergency medical services.

If you have questions, phone 867-667-5913 or phone toll free in Yukon, Nunavut and Northwest Territories 1-800-661-0408 extension 5913. Or, drop in to our office. It's open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. We're closed for lunch between 12 p.m. and 1 p.m.

In person: 2nd floor, Royal Bank Building, 4114-4th Avenue in Whitehorse.