Referrals for admission to long-term care can be accepted from any source. This can include:
- the applicant themselves;
- an applicant's family or caregiver; or
- an applicant's professional health-care provider.
Eligibility and admission
Referrals are screened for eligibility. Applicants are assessed before they're admitted into a long-term care home. To be eligible, applicants must:
- have a valid Yukon health care insurance card;
- have an assessed need to live in long-term care;
- be legally allowed to live in in Canada; and
- have resided in Yukon for:
- 12 consecutive months; or
- 10 consecutive years in their lifetime; and
- not resided outside of Yukon for more than 10 consecutive years.
The Financial Administration act determines room and board in long-term care facilities. Room and board costs $1,217 per month, or $40 per day for eligible residents. Day charges will only be used if a resident stay is shorter than 1 month.
The cost for non-eligible residents is $509 per day. This day charge applies until the resident has lived in Yukon for 12 consecutive months.
This fee does not include:
- telephone; or
- internet service.
Residents are also responsible for their own:
- incidentals; and
- some medications.
Payment methods and options are covered in detail during the admissions process.
For more information, email email@example.com or phone 867-393-6366.