The Yukon Dental Program is a publicly funded dental plan for Yukoners who do not have dental insurance.
To be eligible:
you must be enrolled in the Yukon Health Care Insurance Plan;
- your gross income must be $60,000 or less for individuals and $90,000 or less for individuals with two children. The threshold increases progressively with family size; and
- you must not be eligible for dental coverage under any other program, plan or insurance group.
Children’s eligibility for the Yukon Dental Program will be based on the eligibility of their parents or guardians. Please note that children who are eligible for the Children’s Dental Program will not be eligible for the Yukon Dental Program.
What does the program cover?
The Yukon Dental Program provides services to:
- prevent disease;
- help fix pain and infection; and
- restore chewing and social function.
It covers dental services such as:
- dental exams;
- getting teeth pulled; and
- in some cases dentures.
What benefits can I receive?
- If you're eligible for the Pharmacare and Extended Health Care Benefits program, you could receive up to $600 each year. Use up your Yukon Dental Program benefits first.
- If you have no other dental coverage or benefits, you could receive $1,300 each year.
- If you're enrolled in the Yukon Dental Program, you should not pay anything at the dentist unless you're over your annual limit.
How do I apply?
You can print and mail the application.
Government of Yukon
Yukon Dental Program (H–2)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
You will need to:
- Include any dependents in your household. Your household size affects your income assessment.
- Attach a Notice of Assessment from the Canada Revenue Agency or a letter confirming you received social assistance last year for the entire year, and reported no employment earnings.
- Coverage ends on June 30 each year. You will need to reapply each year.
If you have further questions, email email@example.com or phone 867-667-5006.
Visit us in person at Financial Plaza (4th floor), 204 Lambert Street, Whitehorse. Our office is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.