The Health Promotion Unit delivers the Comprehensive Sexual Health Education model throughout the Yukon with:
- the Department of Education;
- medical professionals;
- public health; and
- non-governmental organizations.
The Comprehensive Sexual Health Education model provides information that's:
- age-appropriate; and
- medically accurate.
- human development;
- decision making;
- contraception; and
- infection prevention.
Programs we offer
Sexual Health and Relationship Education (SHARE) grades 4 to 7
SHARE provides teachers with lesson plan ideas and activities to help students meet the learning standards.
A Health Sexuality Resource
This program provides information about:
- healthy sexual choices;
- local sexual health clinics; and
- other community services.
Presentations and educator coaching
Health Promotion can do classroom lessons and coach teachers on how to effectively apply the Comprehensive Sexual Health Education model.
Specialty condom distribution
Health Promotion distributes specialty condoms throughout the year. This helps normalize and educate Yukoners on the importance of proper condom use.
- Yukon's sexual health information for youth
- The Society of Obstetricians and Gynecologists of Canada information about sexual and reproductive health
- Learn about sexual and reproductive health options for youth
- Learn about sexual and reproductive health rights
- Get information about sexual health and sexually transmitted diseases
If you have questions, email email@example.com.