Policies B.13 and B.14 allow Yukoners to have gender-affirming health services through health insurance coverage. These policies were created in accordance with the World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH).
Covered health services include:
- upper and lower body surgeries;
- facial surgeries;
- body contouring;
- voice feminizing surgery;
- hair removal; and
- voice and communication training.
The coverage for surgeries must be pre-approved, unless it occurs in a public health care facility in the Yukon. For surgeries that must be pre-approved, application packages need to include:
- a surgical readiness assessment, written by a qualified assessor; and
- letter from a health care practitioner that requests coverage for gender-affirming surgery on behalf of the client.
How to apply
Talk with your health care provider in the Yukon. They must apply for you.
If you have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 867-667-5209.