You need a gas processing plant licence to construct, operate or maintain a plant that extracts from natural gas:
- hydrogen sulphide;
- natural gas liquids; and
- other substances.
Understand the process
Read our guidelines to understand:
- the conditions of a licence;
- application submission requirements;
- other permits and licences you may need;
- the environment and socioeconomic assessment process;
- benefit agreements; and
- additional information to consider when you apply.
Discuss your plans with us
We recommend you discuss your project with us before you apply. We may schedule meetings during the application process to discuss your project. We can provide you with guidance on our application requirements. Phone 867-667-5026 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for a licence
- Complete the application form.
- Include all of the submission requirements outlined in our guidelines. You must provide:
- 3 print copies of the application form and supporting documentation;
- 1 electronic version of the application and supporting documentation;
- 3 print copies of each related document sent to other governmental departments or agencies; and
- 1 electronic version of each related document sent to other governmental departments or agencies.
- Provide the electronic versions on a CD or data stick.
- Include an application fee of $500.
- Submit your application.
In person: We're located at 400-211 Main Street, in Whitehorse, Yukon. Our office is open Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Government of Yukon
Oil and Gas Resources Branch (K-11)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6