- Complete the liquor licence application package.
Note: Make sure you're applying for the correct type of liquor licence.
- Submit the application package, required documents and a non-refundable application fee of $150
In person: 9031 Quartz Road in Whitehorse. In Yukon communities you can take your completed application in to your local liquor store. A Territorial Agent will review your application and coordinate sending it to Whitehorse for review.
- Advertise your liquor application as a public notice, in local newspaper(s) for 3 consecutive weeks. You are responsible for all publication costs. We recommend working with our staff to make sure you meet this requirement.
- Prepare and deliver your presentation to the Yukon Liquor Board. You will be asked to appear in person if you live near Whitehorse or to be available by teleconference.
- The board will communicate its decision and reasons to you, the Yukon Liquor Corporation president and, if applicable, anyone who made an objection to the licence.
- If you want to transfer an existing liquor licence to someone else, use the application transfer package.
Appeal a Yukon Liquor Board decision
You can appeal the board's decision by filing an appeal with the Yukon Supreme Court. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more about this process.
For questions about applying for a liquor licence email email@example.com or phone 867-667-5245 or toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408, extension 5245.