- You are serving and selling liquor at an event located somewhere other than a licensed premises.
- You are a non-profit organization.
- You are running a special event such as a charitable fundraiser or community festival.
- Your special event is no more than a maximum of 5 days in a row for up to 26 days in 1 year. This is from April 1 to March 31.
Apply for a special occasion permit
- Complete a special occasion permit application.
You can get a paper form at your local liquor store.
- Submit your application at least 48 hours before your special event.
In person: 9031 Quartz Road, Whitehorse, or at your local liquor store.
- Pay the permit fee. This fee depends on the number of people at the event, but will range from $50 to $150. We accept cash, certified cheque, major credit card or debit.
- We'll typically review your application within 24 hours. If everything is in order, we'll call you to let you know if it's been approved.
Are you also placing a liquor order for your special occasion?
Speed up the process by submitting your permit application and liquor order together.
At the event
Display your permit where people can see it. Make sure you have the receipt for the liquor you have on the premises. Inspectors will ask for this information.
For questions about applying for a special occasion permit email email@example.com or phone 867-667-5245 or toll free in Yukon: 1-800-661-0408, ext. 5245.