Get a drone permit to film someone hunting wildlife

Who needs a permit?

You need a Wildlife Regulation drone permit if you're:

  • the operator of a wildlife photography business; and
  • planning on filming or photographing the hunting of wildlife in the Yukon with a drone.

Permit fee

You can get the permit free of charge.

How to apply

  1. Make sure you have the following information:
    • wildlife photography business information;
    • personnel information, including proof of drone pilot certification;
    • locations where the hunt will take place and the species the person is hunting; and
    • timelines for your filming or photographing activities.
  2. Visit a Department of Environment office to apply for the wildlife regulation drone permit.
  3. In person: 10 Burns Road in Whitehorse. We are open Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 4:45 pm.
  4. Allow 30 days for us to process your application.
  5. We will contact you when the process is complete.

For questions about the Wildlife Regulation drone permit, email or phone 867-667-8005, toll free in the Yukon 1-800-661-0408 extension 8005.