The Be A Responsible Server-Liquor (BARS-L) course will teach the roles and responsibilities involved in serving alcohol.
Some of the topics covered in this program are:
- alcohol and its effects;
- recognizing signs of intoxication;
- prevention techniques;
- checking proof of age;
- server responsibilities; and
- developing house rules and policies.
BARS-L self-study program
- Download and study the BARS-L manual.
- Download and complete the registration.
- Download and complete the BARS-L test.
- Fax the completed registration and test to 867-393-6306 or scan and email to email@example.com. You can also drop off the registration and test to the head office at 9031 Quartz Road, Whitehorse.
If you're successful, we'll send your BARS-L certificate in the mail or, if requested, we can fax or email it to you.
In-person BARS course
The Yukon Liquor Corporation holds courses in Whitehorse and the rural communities.
To find out when our next scheduled course is or to schedule an in-person BARS-L course, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 867-667-5245 or toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408, extension 5245.