You need this permit for land use or industrial development activities, including but not limited to:
- aircraft landing; and
- occupation for commercial, industrial, or residential activities.
You also need a Dempster Highway development permit for any development or off-road vehicle use in the Dempster Highway corridor.
How to apply
- Download and complete the land use park permit application.
- Submit your completed application.
In person: Yukon Parks Branch offices in Dawson, Inuvik or Whitehorse.
Government of Yukon
Box 2703 (V-4)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
Complete applications will be processed in 60 business days. If proposed activities occur during operational season (May 1-September 30), it is recommended to submit applications early.
Additional permits and licences
You may also need the following permits and licences.
- A campground permit to camp at Government of Yukon campgrounds.
- A scientists and explorers licence for research.
- Approval or permit for paleontological or archaeological activities.
- An access permit for access and work within highway right-of-ways.
- Check with the Yukon Environmental and Socio-economic Assessment Board to see if your project needs to go through an environmental and socio-economic assessment.
- An environmental impact screening committee process for activities at Herschel Island.
- You may have to register with Media Development for filming.
For more information about park permits, email email@example.com, or phone 867-993-7714. Phone toll-free in the Yukon, NWT and Nunavut 1-800-661-0408, extension 5648.