When completing your Class 4 placer project proposal you will:
- need to locate your site on a placer watershed map; and
- determine the habitat classification that applies.
These maps classify Yukon’s watercourses according to how suitable they are for fish. The classifications predict fish habitat suitability based on:
- stream gradient;
- how close the stream is to rivers used by Pacific salmon for migration;
- water quality; and
- past or current development.
Maps may be updated yearly as outlined in the Adaptive Management Framework.
Our interactive Placer Atlas allows you to see
- watershed boundaries;
- placer stream classification; and
- other data related to placer mining.
Placer stream classification information is also available as a downloadable PDF. View the watershed maps below.