Oil and gas resource assessments for different areas of Yukon have been completed by:
- National Energy Board;
- Geological Survey of Canada; and
- Yukon Geological Survey.
Most of these areas have little or no well information. Instead, basin analysis provides a background for developing conceptual hydrocarbon plays.
Since conceptual plays have no defined pools or discoveries. Probability distributions of reservoir parameters are compiled to aid in the assessment. This includes:
- prospect area;
- reservoir thickness;
- trap fill; and
- hydrocarbon fraction.
There are uncertainties in the oil and gas play potential and pool size estimates. These ranges are greater than if they were derived from mature plays.
Download a resource assessment
- Arctic Circle and Dempster Highway (2001)
- Bonnet Plume (2000)
- Eagle Plain (2014; Geological Survey of Canada Open File)
- Eagle Plain (2005)
- Eagle Plain (2000)
- Kandik Basin (2000)
- Liard Plateau (2001)
- North Coast (2001)
- Old Crow (2001)
- Peel Plateau (2005)
- Peel Plateau (2000)
- Whitehorse Trough (2001)
- Whitehorse Trough (Updated 2012)
- Scoping study of unconventional oil and gas potential in Yukon (2012)