You need a well operation approval to carry out work on an oil and gas well. This work includes:
- change of service;
- abandonment; or
Understand the process
Read our guidelines for information about:
- application submission requirements;
- exemptions in the case of an emergency;
- other permits and licences you may need;
- the environment and socioeconomic assessment process;
- benefit agreements; and
- how to complete the application form.
Discuss your plans with us
We recommend you discuss your project with us before you apply. We can provide you with guidance on our application requirements. Phone 867-667-5026 or email email@example.com.
Timing of your application
You must submit your application at least 30 days before beginning the operation. This timeline could be much longer if your operation requires an environmental and socioeconomic assessment. We can discuss timing when you contact us before applying.
Apply for an approval
- Complete the application form.
- Include all of the submission requirements outlined in our guidelines.
- Include an application fee of $500.
- Mail 2 copies of your application to us.
Government of Yukon
Oil and Gas Resources Branch (K-11)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
- Email 1 copy of your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.