Apply for a physiotherapist courtesy certificate

  1. Determine if you're eligible
  2. Complete the application form
  3. Provide all required supporting documents
  4. Pay your fees
  5. Submit your complete application package

  1. Determine if you're eligible

    All physiotherapists in Yukon must register and hold a Yukon certificate.

    Apply for registration and a courtesy certificate if you want to work in Yukon as a physiotherapist to:

    • teach;
    • research;
    • support visiting athletes and artists. 

    We accept and process new applications on an ongoing basis. Courtesy certificates are valid for the time requested by the applicant. We do not renew courtesy certificates.



    You can register and apply for a courtesy certificate if you meet 1 of the following 3 sets of requirements.

    • You've graduated from an approved physiotherapy program and passed the Physiotherapy Competency Exam (PCE).
    • You hold a current, physiotherapy full certificate in another Canadian jurisdiction, and are in good standing in that jurisdiction.
    • You hold an international degree or diploma and can demonstrate that your education and competence is appropriate for the purpose of your visit to Yukon.


    If you’ve had any complaints, disciplinary or criminal action against you:

    • we will assess your eligibility for registration or licensure on a case-by-case basis; and
    • you may not be approved for registration or licensing.


  2. Complete the application form

    Complete all sections of the application form. Do not leave a section blank. You may enter “not applicable” when it's relevant. We may return incomplete applications.

  3. Provide all required supporting documents

    Current photo ID

    • Provide 1 copy of a piece of photo ID.
    • The ID must be issued by a territorial, provincial or federal government body.
    • The ID must show your current legal name.
    • We do not accept a healthcare card as a form of ID.

    Certificate of standing(s)

    A certificate of standing is an official document that includes:

    • your registration and licensing history;
    • any limits and restrictions on your licence; and
    • any complaints or disciplinary action against you.

    Ask the regulatory body of each Canadian jurisdiction you practice in to provide a certificate.

    • You must provide a certificate for each jurisdiction.
    • Each certificate must be dated no more than 90 days before your application.
    • Have the regulatory body send the certificate(s) directly to Professional Licensing and Regulatory Affairs.
    • We do not accept certificates of standing submitted by applicants.

    Proof of qualifications

    You must provide proof of qualifications for your planned work in Yukon. 

    •  Options include:
      • An official transcript confirming graduation from a physiotherapy program.
      • A notarized copy of an applicable diploma.

    Letter of support

    • Provide a letter from the organization you will work with in Yukon.
    • This letter must be from an organization using your teaching, research services or services for visiting athletes or artists.
    • The letter must state the purpose and length of your visit to Yukon.

    Proof of liability insurance

    • Provide a copy of your liability insurance.
    • Your insurance must be for a minimum of $1,000,000. 

  4. Pay your fees


    Courtesy certificate registration fee: $40.

    How to pay

    You can pay by:

    • cheque;
    • credit card;
    • cash; or
    • debit.


    • Complete the payment information form.
    • Provide a cheque in the appropriate amount made out to the Government of Yukon.
    • After we issue your licence, we'll cash your cheque.

    Credit card

    • Complete the payment information form.
    • If you submit your application in person, by courier or mail, you may include your credit card info on your payment information form.
    • If you submit your application by email or fax, do not include your credit card information on your form. We'll contact you for your credit card info.
    • After we issue your licence, we'll take payment.

    Cash or debit

    • You can only pay by cash or debit if you can pay in person at our office in Whitehorse.
    • Complete the payment information form.
    • We'll hold your licence at our office after we issue it.
    • We'll take payment by cash or debit when you pick it up.

  5. Submit your complete application package

    Prepare your application package

    Your complete application package must include:

    • your completed application form;
    • all supporting documents; and
    • your payment form.

    We typically process applications within 10 business days. We'll confirm you've met all legal requirements before issuing a licence. We may return your application if you’ve not provided all the required documentation.

    How to submit

    • In person or by courier at 307 Black Street, Whitehorse Y1A 2N1. We're open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
    • Email:
    • Fax: 867-667-3609
    • Mail:
      Government of Yukon
      Professional Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (C-5)
      Box 2703
      Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6


For questions about applying for a physiotherapist courtesy certificate, email, or phone: 867-667-5111, toll free in Yukon: 1-800-661-0408 extension 5111.