- Determine if you are eligible
- Complete the renewal application form
- Provide all other supporting documents required
- Pay your fee
- Submit your application, supporting documents and fee
Determine if you are eligible
All funeral directors in Yukon must be registered, hold a licence and renew it every year. It is illegal to work without an active licence.
You are eligible to renew your licence if you currently hold a Yukon funeral director licence and complete steps 2-5 of this application process.
Funeral director licences expire annually on March 31. Submit your renewal application before February 28. This will ensure we can process your application before your licence expires.
Complete the renewal application form
Provide all other supporting documents required
You must also provide the following if you plan to offer prepaid or prearranged funerals.
- Proof of bonding in the amount of $100,000.
- Proof of a trust account at a certified bank located in Yukon.
Pay your fee
Submit your application, supporting documents and fee
Submit your entire renewal application package before February 28. This will ensure we can process your licence before it expires. It typically takes 30 business days to process a renewal application.
The package must include:
- your completed renewal application form;
- all supporting documents; and
- your payment form and fee.
We will confirm you have met all legal requirements before renewing your licence. We may return your application if you have not provided all the required documentation.
Submit your renewal application package:
- In person or by courier at 307 Black Street, Whitehorse Y1A 2N1. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m to 4:30 p.m.
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: 867-667-3609
Government of Yukon
Professional Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (C-5)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
For questions about the renewal process, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 867-667-5111 or toll free in Yukon: 1-800-661-0408 ext. 5111.