- Determine if you are eligible
- Complete the renewal application form
- Provide all other supporting documents required
- Pay your fees
- Submit your application, supporting documents and fee
Determine if you are eligible
All physiotherapists in Yukon must be registered, hold a certificate and renew it every year.
Complete this process if you currently hold a physiotherapist inactive certificate and want to renew it.
Renewing your inactive certificate will allow you to maintain your professional standing in Yukon. It does not allow you to actively practice as a physiotherapist.
All physiotherapist certificates expire annually on January 31. Submit your renewal application before November 30. This will ensure we can process your certificate before it expires.
Applicants who have not renewed by March 31, must apply for reinstatement and pay all necessary fees.
You are eligible to renew a physiotherapist inactive certificate if you meet all of the following requirements.
- You hold a current physiotherapist inactive certificate in Yukon.
- You complete steps 2 to 5 of this application process.
Complete the renewal application form
Provide all other supporting documents required
You must also provide the following with your application.
Certificate of standing in another Canadian jurisdiction.
- Request a certificate of standing if you are registered to practice in another jurisdiction.
- Have the regulatory body send the certificate of standing directly to Professional Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (PLRA).
- We do not accept certificates of standing submitted by applicants.
Pay your fees
Inactive certificate annual fee: $40
Late fee for applications processed between February 1 and March 31: $40.
After March 31, applicants must apply for reinstatement and pay all applicable fees.
You can pay your fees by cheque or credit card. Complete the payment information form and include this and your fees with your application.
Submit your application, supporting documents and fee
Submit your entire application package. This must include:
- your completed application form;
- all supporting documents; and
- your payment form and fees.
We typically process renewal applications within 30 business days. We will confirm you have met all legal requirements before issuing a certificate. We may return your application if you have not provided all the required documentation.
Submit your application package
- In person or by courier at 307 Black Street, Whitehorse Y1A 2N1. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m to 4:30 p.m.
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: 867-667-3609
Government of Yukon
Professional Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (C-5)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
For questions about renewing a physiotherapist inactive certificate, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 867-667-5111 or toll free in Yukon: 1-800-661-0408, ext. 5111.