Below are several forms to start a new society or to help you manage a pre-existing society.
Your ability to fill out and file these forms will depend on whether you are a new society or whether you have completed your society's transition to the new Act, if you incorporated before April 1, 2021.
If in doubt, please contact the societies advisor for help by emailing email@example.com or by calling 332-7950.
You can fill out a name reservation form and incorporate a society online using YCOR. The name must be approved before you submit the application to incorporate.
Below are forms you can download and submit on paper, if you choose.
Bylaws must accompany the application for incorporation. Find sample bylaws for the new Societies Act.
For more information about bylaws, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 332-7950.
You need to use the forms from the old Societies Act to file an annual report if:
- your society incorporated before April 1, 2021 and has not yet completed its transitional fiscal year; and / or
- your society is behind on filing annual reports that should have been filed using the old Act.
If you aren't sure how to file your annual report, contact the societies advisor for help by emailing email@example.com or calling 332-7950.
Forms for filing an annual report
- Annual report of Yukon society - Form 6
- Notice of change of directors and officers - Form 2
- Declaration of category C society - Form 3
- Download a copy of a special resolution template showing that you have waived the need for financial review for each year, if you're a Category B society that has not had their financials reviewed by an accountant.
- Download an exemption request to the registrar for each year, if you're a Category A society that has not had their financials reviewed by an accountant. An exemption request can only be granted for a maximum of 4 consecutive years.
You also need to attach financial statements that have been signed by two directors. These financial statements must be reviewed by an accountant if required.
Use these forms if
- your society incorporated after April 1, 2021;
- you do not want to file your forms online using YCOR and prefer to file using paper (fees are higher for paper forms);
- you have revived and transitioned a dissolved society; and / or
- your society has completed their transitional fiscal year.
If you do not meet these criteria, you may not be able to file the forms below, and may need to use the old forms for certain tasks.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 332-7950 for help.
Paper vs online filing
If you download one of these forms, fill it out and submit it to Corporate Affairs, this is considered a paper filing. Paper filing takes longer and the fees are higher.
We recommend that you get a YCOR account and request a private filing key to be able to make these filings online.
Download a paper form
- Amalgamation application - Form 2
- Annual summary report from liquidator - Form 20
- Annual Report - Form 4
- Application for extension of time for holding annual general meeting - Form 10
- Appointment of liquidator - Form 17
- Bylaws alteration - Form 9
- Change of fiscal year end - Form 11
- Constitutional alteration with change of name - Form 7
- Constitutional alteration without change of name - Form 8
- Continuance application - Form 3
- Conversion to member-funded society application - Form 15
- Court-ordered revival application - Form 13.1
- Dissolution by liquidation - Form 21
- Limited revival extension application - Form 14
- Notice of ceasing to act as liquidator - Form 19
- Notice of change of address of liquidator - Form 18
- Notice of change of address or place where operations are carried - Form 6
- Revival application - Form 13
- Transition application for pre-existing societies - Form 0
- Voluntary dissolution application - without liquidation - Form 16
Sometimes, societies are required to submit additional documents with their forms. Below are some templates that societies might find helpful for different filings.
- Exemption request template for Category A societies who want to be exempt from the need for financial review from an accountant
- Special resolution template for Category B societies who want to waive the need for a financial review from an accountant
- Copy of a resolution template
- Notice of a special resolution template
- Notice of revival application for the Yukon Gazette template
- Society affidavit template