You must complete a project proposal for Class 4 placer activities. You submit this with your applications to the Yukon Environmental and Socio-economic Assessment Board and Yukon Water Board.
Prepare your proposal
- Read the Guidebook of Mitigation Measures for Placer Mining in the Yukon to understand how to complete this project proposal.
- Determine the habitat classification by locating your site on:
- Check the map to see if the previous development designation applies.
- Read the placer authorization for your watershed to see the:
- discharge standards that will apply to your operation, and
- phase-in schedule for discharge standards.
- Find your claim's operating conditions and reclamation requirements. You will need to refer to the Fish Habitat Design, Operation and Reclamation Workbook. Look at the chapters for your site's predicted habitat class. If your site has a "previous development" designation, you may need another chapter.
- Prepare a wetland reclamation plan. Use the wetland reclamation plan template as a guide.
- Download and print the Fish Habitat Design, Operation and Reclamation Worksheets and follow the instructions. If your mining plan requires more than 1 type of permitted diversion channel (i.e., seasonal, temporary or permanent), you need to complete 1 copy of worksheets D3, E and F for each type of diversion.
- Submit 1 copy of the completed worksheet for each of your project's habitat classifications with your water licence application to the Yukon Water Board.
- Submit another copy of the worksheets with your project proposal to the Yukon Environmental and Socio-economic Assessment Board Designated Office.
For questions about preparing your Class 4 placer project proposal, contact the Yukon Water Board. Phone 867-456-3980 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.