Apply for commercial recreation park permit application

You'll need this permit for commercial recreation or guided activities, including but not limited to: 

  • hiking; 
  • camping; 
  • mountain biking;
  • paragliding or hang gliding;
  • horseback riding;
  • dog mushing;
  • canoeing or kayaking; 
  • sport fishing;
  • skiing; 
  • snowmobiling;
  • wildlife viewing; and
  • photography.

You also need a wilderness tourism licence to work as a wilderness tourism operator in the Yukon.

How to apply 

  1. Download and complete the commercial recreation park permit application.
  2. Submit your completed application:
    Email: [email protected]
    In person: Yukon Parks Branch offices in Dawson, Inuvik or Whitehorse.
    Fax: 867-393-6223
    Government of Yukon
    Parks Branch
    Box 2703 (V-4)
    Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6

Completed applications will be processed in 30 days.  

Additional permits and licences

You may also need the following permits and licences.


For more information about park permits, email [email protected], or phone 867-993-7714. Phone toll-free in the Yukon, NWT and Nunavut 1-800-661-0408, extension 5648.