You'll need this permit for commercial recreation or guided activities, including but not limited to:
- mountain biking;
- paragliding or hang gliding;
- horseback riding;
- dog mushing;
- canoeing or kayaking;
- sport fishing;
- wildlife viewing; and
You also need a wilderness tourism licence to work as a wilderness tourism operator in the Yukon.
How to apply
- Download and complete the commercial recreation park permit application.
- Submit your completed application:
In person: Yukon Parks Branch offices in Dawson, Inuvik or Whitehorse.
Government of Yukon
Box 2703 (V-4)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
Completed applications will be processed in 30 days.
Additional permits and licences
You may also need the following permits and licences.
- A campground permit to camp at Government of Yukon campgrounds.
- A scientists and explorers licence for research.
- Approval or permit for paleontological or archaeological activities.
- An access permit for access and work within highway right-of-ways.
- A land use permit for certain land use activities.
- Check with the Yukon Environmental and Socio-economic Assessment Board to see if your project needs to go through an environmental and socio-economic assessment.
- A Dempster Highway development permit for developing land or using motorized vehicles off-road that are not snowmobiles.
- An environmental impact screening committee process for activities at Herschel Island.
- You may have to register with Media Development for filming.
For more information about park permits, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone 867-993-7714. Phone toll-free in the Yukon, NWT and Nunavut 1-800-661-0408, extension 5648.