Apply for a research and educational park permit

This permit is required for research and educational activities including but not limited to:

  • collecting samples;
  • creating research plots;
  • monitoring;
  • surveying;
  • inventorying;
  • field trips;
  • field courses;
  • workshops; and 
  • public education events.

You also need a scientists and explorers licence to do research in the Yukon.

How to apply

  1. Download and complete the research and educational park permit application.
  2. Submit your completed application.
    In person: Yukon Parks Branch offices in Dawson, Inuvik or Whitehorse.
    Fax: 867-393-6223
    Government of Yukon
    Parks Branch 
    Box 2703 (V-4)
    Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6

Completed applications will be processed in 30 days.

Additional permits and licences

You may also need the following permits and licences.


For more information about park permits, email, or phone 867-993-7714. Phone toll-free in the Yukon, NWT and Nunavut 1-800-661-0408, extension 5648.