- About the Agriculture Industry Advisory Committee
- Apply to be a member of the Agriculture Industry Advisory Committee
- Current members
About the Agriculture Industry Advisory Committee
- provides advice to the Minister of Energy, Mines and Resources on the implementation of national agriculture policy agreements and agriculture programs to be delivered in Yukon;
- provides advice to the Yukon government on the development and management of the agriculture and agri-food industry in Yukon;
- provides advice on agriculture matters as may be requested by the Minister from time to time; and
- may make recommendations directly to the Minister of Energy, Mines and Resources, if desired by the Committee.
- Authority: Cabinet
- Type: advisory
- Appointment process: ministerial
- Requirements: No legislated criteria required to join. It is desirable for members to be active in and have sound technical knowledge of the conditions, opportunities and challenges facing Yukon’s agriculture and agri-food industry
- Term: staggered
- Meetings: at least 2 times per year
- Department: Energy, Mines and Resources
- Honoraria: $125 per day
Apply to be a member of the Agriculture Industry Advisory Committee
Any Yukon resident is eligible to apply to serve on a government board or committee.
- Complete the application.
- Prepare a brief resume. This should include information relevant for sitting on the board or committee.
- Submit your completed application and resume.
In person: Inquiry Desk at 2071 Second Avenue in Whitehorse. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Address your envelope "Attention: Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)"
Government of Yukon
Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
How members are selected
Members are appointed by a Minister, Cabinet or the Legislative Assembly.
School board and school council members can be elected or, in some cases, appointed.
Appointments to these boards are based on standing committee recommendations:
- Yukon Development Corporation
- Yukon Energy Corporation
- Yukon Workers' Compensation Health and Safety Board
- Yukon Lottery Commission
- Yukon Recreation Advisory Committee
- Yukon Arts Advisory Council
- Yukon Utilities Board
- Yukon Council on the Economy and the Environment
- Yukon Human Rights Commission
Some boards and committees members are required to hold certain professional qualifications or affiliations
- Bart Bounds, member from August 6, 2020 to August 5, 2023
- Deveron Hulburt, member from August 6, 2020 to August 5, 2023
- Leona Watson, member from September 11, 2019 to September 10, 2022
- Mario Ley, member from September 11, 2019 to September 10, 2022
- Sarah Ouellette, member from August 6, 2020 to August 5, 2023
- Wayne Grove, member from September 11, 2019 to September 10, 2021
For questions about the Agriculture Industry Advisory Committee phone 867-667-5838, or fax 867-393-6222, or toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408, ext. 5838.