- About the Agriculture Industry Advisory Committee
- Apply to be a member of the Agriculture Industry Advisory Committee
- Current members
About the Agriculture Industry Advisory Committee
- provides advice to the Minister of Energy, Mines and Resources on the implementation of national agriculture policy agreements and agriculture programs to be delivered in the Yukon;
- provides advice to the Yukon government on the development and management of the agriculture and agri-food industry in the Yukon;
- provides advice on agriculture matters as may be requested by the Minister from time to time; and
- may make recommendations directly to the Minister of Energy, Mines and Resources, if desired by the committee.
- Authority: Cabinet
- Type: advisory
- Appointment process: ministerial
- Requirements: no legislated criteria required to join. It is desirable for members to be active in and have sound technical knowledge of the conditions, opportunities and challenges facing the Yukon’s agriculture and agri-food industry
- Term: staggered
- Meetings: at least 2 times per year
- Department: Energy, Mines and Resources
- Honoraria: $125 per day
Apply to be a member of the Agriculture Industry Advisory Committee
Any resident of the Yukon is eligible to apply to serve on a government board or committee.
- Complete the application.
- Prepare a brief resume. This should include information relevant for sitting on the board or committee.
- Submit your completed application and resume.
In person: Inquiry Desk at 2071 2nd Avenue in Whitehorse. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 5 pm. Address your envelope "Attention: Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)"
Government of Yukon
Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
How members are selected
Members are appointed by a Minister, Cabinet or the Legislative Assembly.
School board and school council members can be elected or, in some cases, appointed.
Appointments to these boards are based on standing committee recommendations:
- Yukon Development Corporation
- Yukon Energy Corporation
- Yukon Workers' Compensation Health and Safety Board
- Yukon Lottery Commission
- Yukon Recreation Advisory Committee
- Yukon Arts Advisory Council
- Yukon Utilities Board
- Yukon Council on the Economy and the Environment
- Yukon Human Rights Commission
Some boards and committees members are required to hold certain professional qualifications or affiliations
- Jackie Dickson, member from June 2, 2022, to June 1, 2025
For questions about the Agriculture Industry Advisory Committee phone 867-667-5838, or fax 867-393-6222, or toll free in the Yukon 1-800-661-0408, extension 5838.