- About the Recreation Advisory Committee (Yukon)
- Apply to be a member
- Current members
About the Recreation Advisory Committee (Yukon)
The Committee advises the Minister on matters that affect sport and recreation policies, programs and services and the overall development of sport, recreation and active living in Yukon. It makes recommendations to the Minister with respect to government funding programs including annual operating grants to sport governing bodies, recreation groups and elite athletes, coaches and officials.
- Authority: Recreation Act, section 3
- Type: advisory
- Appointment process: ministerial
- Requirements: people who (in the opinion of the Minister) have demonstrated interest, knowledge, or experience in sports or community recreation in Yukon.
- Term: 2 years and cannot exceed 2 consecutive terms
- Meetings: as required
- Department: Community Services
- Honoraria: $125 per day
Apply to be a member
Any Yukon resident is eligible to apply to serve on a government board or committee.
- Complete the application.
- Prepare a brief resume. This should include information relevant for sitting on the board or committee.
- Submit your completed application and resume.
In person: Inquiry Desk at 2071 Second Avenue in Whitehorse. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Address your envelope "Attention: Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)"
Government of Yukon
Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
How members are selected
Members are appointed by a Minister, Cabinet or the Legislative Assembly.
School board and school council members can be elected or, in some cases, appointed.
Appointments to these boards are based on standing committee recommendations:
- Yukon Development Corporation
- Yukon Energy Corporation
- Yukon Workers' Compensation Health and Safety Board
- Yukon Lottery Commission
- Yukon Recreation Advisory Committee
- Yukon Arts Advisory Council
- Yukon Utilities Board
- Yukon Council on the Economy and the Environment
- Yukon Human Rights Commission
Some boards and committees members are required to hold certain professional qualifications or affiliations.
- Cindy Underhill, member from May 8, 2019, to May 7, 2021 and chair from April 2, 2020 to May 7, 2021
- Gordon Reed, member from March 11, 2021 to March 10, 2023
- Natalie Thivierge, member from May 25, 2019, to May 24, 2021
- Tyler Bradford, member from August 28, 2019 to August 27, 2021
For questions about the Recreation Advisory Committee (Yukon) email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 867-667-5254, or fax 867-393-6416, or toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408, ext. 5254.