- About the Auxiliary Police Advisory Committee
- Apply to be a member of the Assessment Appeal Board
- Current Members
About the Auxiliary Police Advisory Committee
The Committee is responsible for the oversight of the Auxiliary Policing program in Yukon. The Committee carries out the following functions:
- recommends the appointment of officers to the Minister and to the officer in charge of “M” Division;
- recommends qualifications for officers to the Minister and the officer in charge of “M” Division;
- develops programs to enhance practices, standards and training for officers;
- advises on the development of regulations to the Act; and
- makes recommendations to the Minister and the officer in charge of “M” Division concerning actions to be taken with respect to officers arising out of performance issues in accordance with the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Act (Canada) and the regulations made under the Act.
- Authority: Auxiliary Police Act, section 6
- Type: advisory
- Appointment process: order in council
- Requirements: no legislated criteria required to join
- Term: not to exceed 3 years but may be reappointed for a further term
- Meetings: as required
- Department: Justice
- Honoraria: none
Apply to be a member of the Assessment Appeal Board
Any Yukon resident is eligible to apply to serve on a government board or committee.
- Complete the application.
- Prepare a brief resume. This should include information relevant for sitting on the board or committee.
- Submit your completed application and resume.
In person: Inquiry Desk at 2071 Second Avenue in Whitehorse. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Address your envelope "Attention: Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)"
Government of Yukon
Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
How members are selected
Members are appointed by a Minister, Cabinet or the Legislative Assembly.
School board and school council members can be elected or, in some cases, appointed.
Appointments to these boards are based on standing committee recommendations:
- Yukon Development Corporation
- Yukon Energy Corporation
- Yukon Workers' Compensation Health and Safety Board
- Yukon Lottery Commission
- Yukon Recreation Advisory Committee
- Yukon Arts Advisory Council
- Yukon Utilities Board
- Yukon Council on the Economy and the Environment
- Yukon Human Rights Commission
Some boards and committees members are required to hold certain professional qualifications or affiliations.
- Brian Jones, member from March 17, 2017, to March 16, 2020
- Calista MacLeod, member from February 14, 2019, to February 12, 2021
- Jeff Ford, member from September 2, 2018 to September 1, 2021
- Richard Smith, member from April 18, 2017, to April 17, 2020
For questions about the Auxiliary Police Advisory Committee phone 867-667-5596, or toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408, ext. 5596