- About the Law Foundation Board of Directors (Yukon)
- Apply to be a member
- Current members
About the Law Foundation Board of Directors (Yukon)
The Board maintains and manages funds received from interest on lawyers’ trust accounts and Yukon Law Foundation investments. The Board is not a Yukon government agency but the government does appoint one or more members.
The objectives of the foundation are to:
- contributing to the legal education and knowledge of members and the people of the Yukon;
- to establish, maintain and operate law libraries for public use;
- support research into recommendation for the reform of law and the administration of justice; and
- do other things that are incidental or conductive to the objects described in paragraphs (a) to (c)
- Authority: Legal Profession Act 2017, section 144(1)(2)(b)
- Type: advisory
- Appointment process: ministerial
- Requirements: no legislated criteria required to join
- Term: 3 years
- Meetings: 4 times per year
- Department: Justice
- Honoraria: none
Apply to be a member
Any Yukon resident is eligible to apply to serve on a government board or committee.
- Complete the application.
- Prepare a brief resume. This should include information relevant for sitting on the board or committee.
- Submit your completed application and resume.
In person: Inquiry Desk at 2071 Second Avenue in Whitehorse. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Address your envelope "Attention: Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)"
Government of Yukon
Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
How members are selected
Members are appointed by a Minister, Cabinet or the Legislative Assembly.
School board and school council members can be elected or, in some cases, appointed.
Appointments to these boards are based on standing committee recommendations:
- Yukon Development Corporation
- Yukon Energy Corporation
- Yukon Workers' Compensation Health and Safety Board
- Yukon Lottery Commission
- Yukon Recreation Advisory Committee
- Yukon Arts Advisory Council
- Yukon Utilities Board
- Yukon Council on the Economy and the Environment
- Yukon Human Rights Commission
Some boards and committees members are required to hold certain professional qualifications or affiliations.
- Mike Reynolds, member from August 12, 2020 to August 11, 2023
For questions about the Law Foundation Board of Directors (Yukon) email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 867-667-7500, or fax 867-393-3904.