- About the Lottery Appeal Board (Yukon)
- Apply to be a member of the Lottery Appeal Board (Yukon)
- Current members
About the Lottery Appeal Board (Yukon)
The Appeal Board may hear an appeal by an applicant to have the terms and conditions of a lottery licence changed, to rescind a suspension of a licence by the Registrar, to rescind a revocation of a licence, or to appeal the Registrar’s refusal to licence a lottery scheme or organization to hold a lottery scheme.
- Authority: Lottery Licensing Act, section 9
- Type: adjudicative
- Appointment process: order in council
- Requirements: no legislated criteria to join
- Term: 3 years and ligible for reappointment
- Meetings: as required at the call of the chair
- Department: Community Services
- Honoraria: $200 per day
Apply to be a member of the Lottery Appeal Board (Yukon)
Any Yukon resident is eligible to apply to serve on a government board or committee.
- Complete the application.
- Prepare a brief resume. This should include information relevant for sitting on the board or committee.
- Submit your completed application and resume.
In person: Inquiry Desk at 2071 Second Avenue in Whitehorse. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Address your envelope "Attention: Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)"
Government of Yukon
Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
How members are selected
Members are appointed by a Minister, Cabinet or the Legislative Assembly.
School board and school council members can be elected or, in some cases, appointed.
Appointments to these boards are based on standing committee recommendations:
- Yukon Development Corporation
- Yukon Energy Corporation
- Yukon Workers' Compensation Health and Safety Board
- Yukon Lottery Commission
- Yukon Recreation Advisory Committee
- Yukon Arts Advisory Council
- Yukon Utilities Board
- Yukon Council on the Economy and the Environment
- Yukon Human Rights Commission
Some boards and committees members are required to hold certain professional qualifications or affiliations.
- Catherine Jones, member and chair from November 23, 2017, to November 22, 2020
- Gary Hewitt, member from August 24, 2016, to August 23, 2019
- Kathleen Lundgaard, member from September 27, 2018, to September 26, 2021
- Maxwell Rispin, member from September 18, 2018, to September 17, 2021
For questions about the Lottery Appeal Board (Yukon) firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 867-667-5111, fax 867-667-3609, or toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408, ext. 5111.