- About the National Safety Code Review Board
- Apply to be a member of the National Safety Code Review Board
- Current members
About the National Safety Code Review Board
The Board hears appeals of decisions to issue or refuse a safety code permit to motor vehicle operators. A carrier who disagrees with a decision by an officer under the National Safety Code Regulation about:
- whether to issue a National Safety Code number or safety fitness certificate to the carrier, or to suspend or cancel it; or
- the safety rating or safety rating category to assign to the carrier may appeal the decision to the Board.
The Board has the authority to consider all information and factors that the officer could have considered and may make any decision in the matter that the officer could have made.
- Authority: Motor Vehicles Act, section 122
- Type: adjudicative
- Appointment process: ministerial
- Requirements: no legislated requirements required to join
- Term: 3 years
- Meetings: as needed
- Department: Highways and Public Works
- Honoraria: $125 per day
Apply to be a member of the National Safety Code Review Board
Any Yukon resident is eligible to apply to serve on a government board or committee.
- Complete the application.
- Prepare a brief resume. This should include information relevant for sitting on the board or committee.
- Submit your completed application and resume.
In person: Inquiry Desk at 2071 Second Avenue in Whitehorse. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Address your envelope "Attention: Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)"
Government of Yukon
Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
How members are selected
Members are appointed by a Minister, Cabinet or the Legislative Assembly.
School board and school council members can be elected or, in some cases, appointed.
Appointments to these boards are based on standing committee recommendations:
- Yukon Development Corporation
- Yukon Energy Corporation
- Yukon Workers' Compensation Health and Safety Board
- Yukon Lottery Commission
- Yukon Recreation Advisory Committee
- Yukon Arts Advisory Council
- Yukon Utilities Board
- Yukon Council on the Economy and the Environment
- Yukon Human Rights Commission
Some boards and committees members are required to hold certain professional qualifications or affiliations.
- there are no active members at this time
For questions about the government's boards and committees email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 867-393-7477 or toll free 1-800-661-0408.