- About the Alsek Renewable Resources Council
- Apply to be a member
- Current Members
About the Alsek Renewable Resources Council
Renewable Resources Councils are a primary instrument for local renewable resources management as set out in the Final Agreements. Each Renewable Resources Council, acting in the public interest and consistent with their Final Agreement, may make recommendations to the Minister, the affected Yukon First Nation, the Fish and Wildlife Management Board and the Salmon Sub-Committee on any matter related to conservation of fish and wildlife. Each Renewable Resources Council makes provisions for public involvement in the development of its decisions and its recommendations.
- Authority: Champagne and Aishihik First Nations (“CAFN”) Final Agreement, Chapter 16.6, Renewable Resources Council manual | Government of Renewable Resources Council manual
- Type: advisory
- Appointment process: ministerial
- Requirements: resident within Champagne and Aishihik First Nation Traditional Territory
- Term: 3 years
- Meetings: every second and fourth Monday from October to the end of May and every second Monday of the month from June to September
- Department: Environment
- Honoraria: Honoraria is paid to members for meetings
Apply to be a member
Any Yukon resident is eligible to apply to serve on a government board or committee.
- Complete the application.
- Prepare a brief resume. This should include information relevant for sitting on the board or committee.
- Submit your completed application and resume.
In person: Inquiry Desk at 2071 Second Avenue in Whitehorse. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Address your envelope "Attention: Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)"
Government of Yukon
Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
How members are selected
Members are appointed by a Minister, Cabinet or the Legislative Assembly.
School board and school council members can be elected or, in some cases, appointed.
Appointments to these boards are based on standing committee recommendations:
- Yukon Development Corporation
- Yukon Energy Corporation
- Yukon Workers' Compensation Health and Safety Board
- Yukon Lottery Commission
- Yukon Recreation Advisory Committee
- Yukon Arts Advisory Council
- Yukon Utilities Board
- Yukon Council on the Economy and the Environment
- Yukon Human Rights Commission
Some boards and committees members are required to hold certain professional qualifications or affiliations.
- Annika Joe, member from September 22, 2022, to September 21, 2025
- Aynslie Ogden, member from September 22, 2022, to September 21, 2025
- Gary Darbyshire, member from September 16, 2021, to September 15, 2024 and co-chair from March 23, 2023, to March 22, 2024
- Jason Jim, member from September 22, 2022, to September 21, 2025
- John Trotter, member August 19, 2021, to August 18, 2024
- Larry Joe, member from May 4, 2023 to May 3, 2026
- Mark Nassiopoulos, member from April 1, 2023, to March 31, 2026 and co-chair from May 4, 2023, to May 5, 2024
- Will Jones, member from August 19, 2021, to August 18, 2024
For questions about the Alsek Renewable Resources Council phone 867-634-2524, or fax 867-634-2527, or toll free in the Yukon 1-800-661-0408, extension 2524.