- About the Development Corporation Board of Directors (Yukon)
- Apply to be a member
- Current members
About the Development Corporation Board of Directors (Yukon)
- promote the development of Yukon resources on an economic and efficient basis;
- promote employment and business opportunities for Yukon residents;
- assure a continuing and adequate supply of energy in a manner consistent with sustainable development;
- alleviate the effects of any energy shortage that may occur in Yukon;
- promote the establishment, development and operation within the Yukon of industries or undertakings that are, by nature, energy dependent through the provision of cost-effective energy or energy-related infrastructure; and
- carry out development policy directives issued to it by the Commissioner in Executive Council.
- Authority: Yukon Development Corporation Act, section 9
- Type: governing
- Appointment process: Order-In-Council
- Requirements: The Yukon government shall ensure board members are generally representative of Yukon's population as per section 22.6.2 of the Umbrella Final Agreement
- Term: 3 years but may be reappointed for a further term
- Meetings: quarterly and additional meetings as required.
- Department: Yukon Development Corporation
- Honoraria: OIC 2009/182
Apply to be a member
Any Yukon resident is eligible to apply to serve on a government board or committee.
- Complete the application.
- Prepare a brief resume. This should include information relevant for sitting on the board or committee.
- Submit your completed application and resume.
In person: Inquiry Desk at 2071 Second Avenue in Whitehorse. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Address your envelope "Attention: Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)"
Government of Yukon
Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
How members are selected
Members are appointed by a Minister, Cabinet or the Legislative Assembly.
School board and school council members can be elected or, in some cases, appointed.
Appointments to these boards are based on standing committee recommendations:
- Yukon Development Corporation
- Yukon Energy Corporation
- Yukon Workers' Compensation Health and Safety Board
- Yukon Lottery Commission
- Yukon Recreation Advisory Committee
- Yukon Arts Advisory Council
- Yukon Utilities Board
- Yukon Council on the Economy and the Environment
- Yukon Human Rights Commission
Some boards and committees members are required to hold certain professional qualifications or affiliations.
- Douglas Janzen, member from September 29, 2021, to September 28, 2024
- Katherine (Kari) Johnston, member from March 30, 2023, to December 16, 2024
- Michael Pemberton, member from March 30, 2023, to December 16, 2024
For questions about the Development Corporation Board of Directors (Yukon) phone 867-456-3995, or fax 867-456-2145 or toll free in the Yukon 1-800-661-0408, extension 3995.