- About the Outfitter Quota Appeal Committee
- Apply to be a member of the Outfitter Quota Appeal Committee
- Current members
About the Outfitter Quota Appeal Committee
This committee helps resolve outfitting quota disputes faced by Yukon outfitters by providing recommendations to the Minister of Environment.
The objectives are:
- to review harvest quota for individual outfitting concessions at the request of the registered outfitter; and
- to ensure that the harvest quotas for outfitting concessions are fair and unbiased for outfitters, other harvesters and the Yukon public, and are consistent with the Guidelines to Establish Outfitter Quotas.
- Authority: Established as a result of a Yukon Fish and Wildlife Management Board recommendation to the Minister. Government approved the establishment of this Committee
- Type: advisory, adjudicative
- Appointment process: ministerial
- Requirements: members cannot be outfitters, Yukon government employees, Yukon Fish and Wildlife Management Board or Renewable Resources Council members or be in a position of conflict of interest
- Term: 3 years
- Meetings: as required
- Department: Environment
- Honoraria: $125 per day
Apply to be a member of the Outfitter Quota Appeal Committee
Any Yukon resident is eligible to apply to serve on a government board or committee.
- Complete the application.
- Prepare a brief resume. This should include information relevant for sitting on the board or committee.
- Submit your completed application and resume.
In person: Inquiry Desk at 2071 Second Avenue in Whitehorse. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Address your envelope "Attention: Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)"
Government of Yukon
Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
How members are selected
Members are appointed by a Minister, Cabinet or the Legislative Assembly.
School board and school council members can be elected or, in some cases, appointed.
Appointments to these boards are based on standing committee recommendations:
- Yukon Development Corporation
- Yukon Energy Corporation
- Yukon Workers' Compensation Health and Safety Board
- Yukon Lottery Commission
- Yukon Recreation Advisory Committee
- Yukon Arts Advisory Council
- Yukon Utilities Board
- Yukon Council on the Economy and the Environment
- Yukon Human Rights Commission
Some boards and committees members are required to hold certain professional qualifications or affiliations.
- Charles Shewen, member from March 21, 2018, to March 20, 2021
- Rebecca Brandford-Andrew, member from August 4, 2017, to August 3, 2020
- Richard Dewhurst, member from September 9, 2017, to September 8, 2020
For questions about the Outfitter Quota Appeal Committee phone 867-667-5336, or fax 867-393-6213, or toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408, ext. 5336.