- About the Outfitter Quota Appeal Committee
- Apply to be a member
- Current members
About the Outfitter Quota Appeal Committee
This committee helps resolve outfitting quota disputes faced by the Yukon's outfitters by providing recommendations to the Minister of Environment.
The objectives are:
- to review harvest quota for individual outfitting concessions at the request of the registered outfitter; and
- to ensure that the harvest quotas for outfitting concessions are fair and unbiased for outfitters, other harvesters and the Yukon public, and are consistent with the Guidelines to Establish Outfitter Quotas.
- Authority: Established as a result of a Yukon Fish and Wildlife Management Board recommendation to the Minister. Government approved the establishment of this Committee
- Type: advisory, adjudicative
- Appointment process: ministerial
- Requirements: members cannot be outfitters, Yukon government employees, Yukon Fish and Wildlife Management Board or Renewable Resources Council members or be in a position of conflict of interest
- Term: 3 years
- Meetings: as required
- Department: Environment
- Honoraria: $125 per day
Apply to be a member
Any Yukon resident is eligible to apply to serve on a government board or committee.
- Complete the application.
- Prepare a brief resume. This should include information relevant for sitting on the board or committee.
- Submit your completed application and resume.
In person: Inquiry Desk at 2071 Second Avenue in Whitehorse. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Address your envelope "Attention: Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)"
Government of Yukon
Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
How members are selected
Members are appointed by a Minister, Cabinet or the Legislative Assembly.
School board and school council members can be elected or, in some cases, appointed.
Appointments to these boards are based on standing committee recommendations:
- Yukon Development Corporation
- Yukon Energy Corporation
- Yukon Workers' Compensation Health and Safety Board
- Yukon Lottery Commission
- Yukon Recreation Advisory Committee
- Yukon Arts Advisory Council
- Yukon Utilities Board
- Yukon Council on the Economy and the Environment
- Yukon Human Rights Commission
Some boards and committees members are required to hold certain professional qualifications or affiliations.
- Charles Shewen, member from December 8, 2021, to December 7, 2024
- Dan Drummond, member from December 8, 2021, to December 7, 2024
- Wolf Riedl, member from March 9, 2022 to March 8, 2025
For questions about the Outfitter Quota Appeal Committee phone 867-667-5336, or fax 867-393-6213, or toll free in the Yukon 1-800-661-0408, extension 5336.