- About the Law Society of Yukon (Discipline Committee)
- Apply to be a member of the Law Society of Yukon (Discipline Committee)
- Current members
About the Law Society of Yukon (Discipline Committee)
The Discipline Committee convenes a panel to hear charges that are referred to them of conduct unbecoming a member, professional misconduct, or incompetence of a member. The Discipline Committee consists of three or more qualified members appointed by the Executive and two or more individuals, appointed by the Minister of Justice, who are not members.
- Authority: Legal Profession Act 2017 section 9(2)(c)(ii)
- Type: adjudicative
- Appointment process: Order-In-Council
- Requirements: public representative appointed by the Minister of Justice must not be a member of the Law Society of Yukon.
- Term: 3 years
- Meetings/hearings: as required
- Department: Justice
- Honoraria: none
Apply to be a member of the Law Society of Yukon (Discipline Committee)
Any Yukon resident is eligible to apply to serve on a government board or committee.
- Complete the application.
- Prepare a brief resume. This should include information relevant for sitting on the board or committee.
- Submit your completed application and resume.
In person: Inquiry Desk at 2071 Second Avenue in Whitehorse. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Address your envelope "Attention: Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)"
Government of Yukon
Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
How members are selected
Members are appointed by a Minister, Cabinet or the Legislative Assembly.
School board and school council members can be elected or, in some cases, appointed.
Appointments to these boards are based on standing committee recommendations:
- Yukon Development Corporation
- Yukon Energy Corporation
- Yukon Workers' Compensation Health and Safety Board
- Yukon Lottery Commission
- Yukon Recreation Advisory Committee
- Yukon Arts Advisory Council
- Yukon Utilities Board
- Yukon Council on the Economy and the Environment
- Yukon Human Rights Commission
Some boards and committees members are required to hold certain professional qualifications or affiliations.
- Dan Robinson, member from May 1, 2019 to April 31, 2021
- Laura MacFeeters, member from May 23, 2020 to May 22, 2023
- Victoria Wing Chi Chan, member from May 25, 2020 to May 24, 2023
For questions about the Law Society of Yukon (Discipline Committee) email email@example.com or phone 867-668-4231, or fax 867-667-7556.