- About the Child Care Board (Yukon)
- Apply to me a member
- Current members
About the Child Care Board (Yukon)
The Board makes recommendations to the Minister of Health and Social Services, on any issues that pertain to child care. The functions of the Board are:
- to encourage the development and support of child care services which meet the needs of parents and children in the Yukon;
- to make recommendations to the Minister on any matter pertaining to child care;
- to review any policies, programs, services or administrative procedures of government departments in matters pertaining to child care;
- to advise on the planning, development, standards, co-ordination and evaluation of child care services in Yukon; and
- to hear appeals under the Act.
- Authority: Child Care Act, section 4
- Type: advisory
- Appointment process: Order-In-Council
- Requirements: no legislated criteria required to join
- Term: not to exceed 2 years but may be reappointed for a further term
- Meetings: at least 2 times per year
- Department: Health and Social Services
- Honoraria: OIC 2009/205
Apply to me a member
Any Yukon resident is eligible to apply to serve on a government board or committee.
- Complete the application.
- Prepare a brief resume. This should include information relevant for sitting on the board or committee.
- Submit your completed application and resume.
In person: Inquiry Desk at 2071 Second Avenue in Whitehorse. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Address your envelope "Attention: Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)"
Government of Yukon
Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
How members are selected
Members are appointed by a Minister, Cabinet or the Legislative Assembly.
School board and school council members can be elected or, in some cases, appointed.
Appointments to these boards are based on standing committee recommendations:
- Yukon Development Corporation
- Yukon Energy Corporation
- Yukon Workers' Compensation Health and Safety Board
- Yukon Lottery Commission
- Yukon Recreation Advisory Committee
- Yukon Arts Advisory Council
- Yukon Utilities Board
- Yukon Council on the Economy and the Environment
- Yukon Human Rights Commission
Some boards and committees members are required to hold certain professional qualifications or affiliations.
- Clayton Keats, vice-chair, April 2, 2020 to April 1, 2022
- Cyndi Desharnais, member from November 6, 2019 to November 5, 2021
For questions about the Child Care Board (Yukon) email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 867-667-6966, or toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408, ext. 6966.