- About the Apprentice Advisory Board
- Apply to be a member of the Apprentice Advisory Board
- Current members
About the Apprentice Advisory Board
The Advisory Board makes recommendations to the Minister regarding the designation of particular trades, and makes recommendations respecting regulations covering the training and certification of such trades. The Advisory Board performs such other duties as the Minister may assign with respect to any matter within the scope of the Act and its Regulations. The Advisory Board sits as members of the Appeal Committee under the Apprentice Training and Tradesperson’s Qualifications Regulation and considers appeals of any person affected by a decision or order of the Director under the Regulation.
- Authority: Apprentice Training Act, section 5(1)
- Type: advisory
- Appointment process: Order-In-Council
- Requirements: no legislated criteria required to join
- Term: 3 years
- Meetings: up to 4 times per year
- Department: Education
- Honoraria: $75 per day
Apply to be a member of the Apprentice Advisory Board
Any Yukon resident is eligible to apply to serve on a government board or committee.
- Complete the application.
- Prepare a brief resume. This should include information relevant for sitting on the board or committee.
- Submit your completed application and resume.
In person: Inquiry Desk at 2071 Second Avenue in Whitehorse. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Address your envelope "Attention: Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)"
Government of Yukon
Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
How members are selected
Members are appointed by a Minister, Cabinet or the Legislative Assembly.
School board and school council members can be elected or, in some cases, appointed.
Appointments to these boards are based on standing committee recommendations:
- Yukon Development Corporation
- Yukon Energy Corporation
- Yukon Workers' Compensation Health and Safety Board
- Yukon Lottery Commission
- Yukon Recreation Advisory Committee
- Yukon Arts Advisory Council
- Yukon Utilities Board
- Yukon Council on the Economy and the Environment
- Yukon Human Rights Commission
Some boards and committees members are required to hold certain professional qualifications or affiliations.
- Berne Driscoll, member from April 11, 2019 to April 10, 2022
- Craig Duncan, member and chair from November 12, 2020 to November 11, 2023
- Donovan Dewis, member from November 12, 2020 to November 11, 2023
- Guiseppe (Joe) Zuccarini, member from April 11, 2019 to April 10, 2022
- Keith Tegart, member from April 11, 2019 to April 10, 2022
- Marc Gagne, member from November 12, 2020 to November 11, 2023
For questions about the Apprentice Advisory Board phone 867-667-5141, or fax 867-667-8555, or toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408, ext. 5141.