- About the Tourism Advisory Board (Yukon)
- Apply to be a member
- Current members
About the Tourism Advisory Board (Yukon)
Yukon Tourism Advisory Board (YTAB) will perform the following functions:
- advise the Minister on how to achieve industry-government alignment in the implementation of the Yukon Tourism Development Strategy (YTDS);
- regularly review the YTDS to ensure that it remains relevant and takes into account the evolving nature of the industry locally, nationally and internationally;
- advise on the implementation of YTDS priorities and action plans and the achievement of the vision and goals of the YTDS;
- advise on budget allocations specifically related to implementation of the YTDS;
- advise on issues the Minister wishes the YTAB to consider; and
- bring forward to the Minister strategic issues the YTAB deems important for achieving the goals of the YTDS.
More about the board
- Read the terms of reference
- Type: advisory
- Appointment process: ministerial
- Requirements: of the 7 voting members:
- 3 will be selected to bring a tourism business perspective to the board’s deliberations;
- 2 will bring a Yukon First Nations’ perspective;
- 1 will bring the perspective of the Yukon’s cultural or heritage sectors;
- 1 will bring the perspective of the Yukon’s communities; and
- of the above voting members, 1 must also be able to bring a francophone perspective, and ideally 1 will bring a youth perspective.
- Term: indeterminate
- Meetings: a minimum of 4 times per year
- Department: Tourism and Culture
- Honoraria: $125 per day
Apply to be a member
Any resident of the Yukon is eligible to apply to serve on a government board or committee.
- Complete the application.
- Prepare a brief resume. This should include information relevant for sitting on the board or committee.
- Submit your completed application and resume.
In person: Inquiry Desk at 2071 2nd Avenue in Whitehorse. We're open Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 5 pm. Address your envelope "Attention: Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)"
Government of Yukon
Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
How members are selected
Members are appointed by a Minister, Cabinet or the Yukon Legislative Assembly.
School board and school council members can be elected or, in some cases, appointed.
Appointments to these boards are based on standing committee recommendations:
- Yukon Development Corporation
- Yukon Energy Corporation
- Yukon Workers' Compensation Health and Safety Board
- Yukon Lottery Commission
- Yukon Recreation Advisory Committee
- Yukon Arts Advisory Council
- Yukon Utilities Board
- Yukon Council on the Economy and the Environment
- Yukon Human Rights Commission
Some boards and committees members are required to hold certain professional qualifications or affiliations.
- Benjamin Ryan member from August 11, 2022, to August 10, 2025
- Denise McHale, member from March 20, 2021, to March 19, 2024
- Denny Kobayashi, chair from March 20, 2020, to March 19, 2023
- Lisa Dewhurst, member from March 20, 2020, to March 19, 2023 and vice-chair April 16, 2020, to March 19, 2023
- Neil Hartling, member from March 20, 2020, to March 19, 2023
- Ricky Mawunganidze member form August 11, 2022, to August 10, 2025
For questions about the Tourism Advisory Board (Yukon), email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 867-667- 3053.