Wilderness Tourism Licensing Appeal Board

  • About the Wilderness Tourism Licensing Appeal Board
  • Apply to be a member of the Wilderness Tourism Licensing Appeal Board
  • Current members

  1. About the Wilderness Tourism Licensing Appeal Board

    Advise Yukon government about educational and practice standards to be set for physiotherapists, educational programs for physiotherapists, and qualifications for registration. At the request of the Registrar to review applications for registration, advise on what to do about complaints about unprofessional conduct, and advise on the composition of the Discipline Committee. Provide and publicize the functions and areas of competence and standards of practice for physiotherapists. Develop and review clinical practice statements for physiotherapists, participate in national initiatives and provide feedback to the Registrar and perform any other tasks requested by the Minister in keeping with the purposes of the Act.

    • Authority: Wilderness Tourism Licensing Act, section 8(3)
    • Type: adjudicative
    • Appointment process: ministerial
    • Requirements: at least 2 members must be representatives of the tourism industry and of the wilderness tourism sector. Every member will, before entering upon their duties, take and subscribe an oath or affirmation of office, as provided by Schedule B in the Wilderness Tourism Licensing Appeal Board Regulation
    • Term: for the duration of the appeal or as needed
    • Meetings: as required
    • Department: Environment 
    • Honoraria: $125 per day

  2. Apply to be a member of the Wilderness Tourism Licensing Appeal Board

    Any Yukon resident is eligible to apply to serve on a government board or committee.


    1. Complete the application.
    2. Prepare a brief resume. This should include information relevant for sitting on the board or committee.
    3. Submit your completed application and resume.
      In person: Inquiry Desk at 2071 Second Avenue in Whitehorse. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Address your envelope "Attention: Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)"
      Email: [email protected]
      Government of Yukon
      Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)
      Box 2703
      Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6

    How members are selected

    Members are appointed by a Minister, Cabinet or the Legislative Assembly.

    School board and school council members can be elected or, in some cases, appointed.

    Appointments to these boards are based on standing committee recommendations:

    • Yukon Development Corporation
    • Yukon Energy Corporation
    • Yukon Workers' Compensation Health and Safety Board
    • Yukon Lottery Commission
    • Yukon Recreation Advisory Committee
    • Yukon Arts Advisory Council
    • Yukon Utilities Board
    • Yukon Council on the Economy and the Environment
    • Yukon Human Rights Commission

    Some boards and committees members are required to hold certain professional qualifications or affiliations.

  3. Current members

    There are no active members at this time.


For questions about the Wilderness Tourism Licensing Appeal Board phone 867-667-3048, or fax 867-393-6223, or toll free in the Yukon 1-800-661-0408, extension 3048.