- About the Teaching Profession Appeal Board
- Apply to be a member of the Teaching Profession Appeal Board
- Current members
About the Teaching Profession Appeal Board
A member of the teachers association who is found guilty of unprofessional or unethical conduct may appeal, within 14 days from the date of the person’s receipt of the decision to the Minister. The Minister will appoint a Teaching Profession Appeal Board to hear and make a determination on the appeal.
The Board reviews the evidence, findings and report of the Discipline Committee and Executive and may affirm or reverse the decision or confirm or vary any penalty imposed by the Executive.
- Authority: Teaching Profession Act, section 16
- Type: adjudicative
- Appointment process: ministerial
- Requirements: no legislated criteria required to join
- Term: determined by the Minister on an as needs basis
- Meetings: as required
- Department: Education
- Honoraria: $200 per day
Apply to be a member of the Teaching Profession Appeal Board
Any Yukon resident is eligible to apply to serve on a government board or committee.
- Complete the application.
- Prepare a brief resume. This should include information relevant for sitting on the board or committee.
- Submit your completed application and resume.
In person: Inquiry Desk at 2071 Second Avenue in Whitehorse. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Address your envelope "Attention: Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)"
Government of Yukon
Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
How members are selected
Members are appointed by a Minister, Cabinet or the Legislative Assembly.
School board and school council members can be elected or, in some cases, appointed.
Appointments to these boards are based on standing committee recommendations:
- Yukon Development Corporation
- Yukon Energy Corporation
- Yukon Workers' Compensation Health and Safety Board
- Yukon Lottery Commission
- Yukon Recreation Advisory Committee
- Yukon Arts Advisory Council
- Yukon Utilities Board
- Yukon Council on the Economy and the Environment
- Yukon Human Rights Commission
Some boards and committees members are required to hold certain professional qualifications or affiliations.
- there are no active members at this time